2010-2020 Development Strategy for the Higher Education System The Academic Community's Proposal
- Jerzy Woźnicki
A national debate was held in Poland concerning two draft strategi es for th e development of the higher education system in this country: (1) the one to be discussed here, commissioned by a consortium comprising the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland and the Conference of Rectors of Polish Vocational Schools (CRASP–CRPVS), the Polish Rectors Foundation (PRF) and the Conference of Rectors of Vocational Schools in Poland (CRVSP), and (2) the strategy proposal commissioned by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MSHE) from the consortium of Ernst & Young (E&Y) with the Gdańsk Institute for Market Economics (GIME). As declared by the Minister of Science and Higher Education, the purpose of this debate was to indicate which of the two proposals would serve as the basis for the future national strategy for the development of the higher education system for the 2010–2020 decade. At the time of writing this (June 2010) the major representative institutions and organizations, including all the conferences of rectors operating in Poland, the Chief Council of Higher Education (CCHE) and the National Representation of Doctoral Students, have published their positions, unequivocally pointing to the proposal put forward by the academic community as the one to be the starting point for further work on the strategy. Support for this proposal is also coming from external stakeholders. Various resolutions adopted by representative organizations and institutions active in the sphere of higher education in Poland are indicative of the expectation that the academic community’s proposal will be selected by the government as the basis for its future work on the higher education system development strategy in the years 2010.
- Record ID
- Woźnicki Jerzy Jerzy Woźnicki (eds.): Financing and Deregulation in Higher Education, 2013, Warszawa, Polish Rectors Foundation, 144 p., ISBN 9788378141259
- http://pbc.biaman.pl/Content/27641/Financing_wersja_ostat.pdf#page=13 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- = 5.0, BookChapterNotSeriesMainLanguages
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.