The effect of deep excavation on surrounding ground and nearby structures
- Anna Ewa Siemińska-Lewandowska,
- Monika Mitew-Czajewska
In the paper problems related with the execution of 29 m deep excavation of Nowy Swiat Station (S11) of 2nd metro line in Warsaw are discussed. In the central section, Warsaw 2nd metro line runs below the center of the city (office and housing buildings and high traffic roads) as well as below Vistula river. This central section consists of 7 stations and 6 running tunnels – 6 km length in total. Running tunnels will be constructed using TBM, stations – cut and cover method. Deep excavation will be executed within diaphragm walls. The stability of the walls will be provided by several levels of slabs and struts. The analysis of settlements of ground surface, surrounding foundations and displacements of walls of the excavation have been made. Additionally, settlements of the surface were calculated above the TBM (running tunnels). Resulting values of settlements in both cases were compared and discussed.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Ng C.W.W., C.W.W. Ng Huang H.W., H.W. Huang Liu G.B. G.B. Liu (eds.): Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium (IS-Shanghai 2008), Shanghai, China, 10–12 April 2008. Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground, 2009, London, UK, CRC Press/Balkema, 870 p., ISBN 978-0-415-48475-6
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 14; = 17
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.