Adaptive cancellation of harmonic interferences in transcranial Doppler signal
- Wojciech Zabołotny,
- Paweł Karłowicz,
- Jerzy Jurkiewicz
This paper presents a method of improving the Transcranial Doppler (TCD) signal by removing harmonic interferences. Such interferences, originating from medical equipment using the high power HF signals are common in a clinical environment, especially in the neighborhood of the operating theater. The Adaptive Interference Canceler based on the NLMS FIR filter has been used. The reference signal was obtained by delaying of the original TCD signal. The presented method allows significant improvement of a seriously disturbed TCD signal.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Romaniuk Ryszard S. Ryszard S. Romaniuk (eds.): Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments II, Proceedings of SPIE: The International Society for Optical Engineering, vol. 5484, 2004, SPIE Press, 465 p.
- Keywords in English
- Transcranial Doppler; medical diagnostics; ultrasound; adaptive interference cancellation; adaptive filters; LMS algorithm
- DOI:10.1117/12.568907 Opening in a new tab
- https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-proceedings-of-spie/5484/1/Adaptive-cancellation-of-harmonic-interferences-in-transcranial-Doppler-signal/10.1117/12.568907.full Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 0; : 2004 = 0.517
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.