Overall performance of a surge protection device system in protecting equipment against lightning surges
- Tomasz Kisielewicz,
- G.B. Lo Piparo,
- C. Mazzetti
The present paper deals with the protection of low voltage apparatus against lightning surges, regardless of the source of damage. An approach is proposed to evaluate the overall performance of a Surge Protection Device (SPD) system in protecting equipment, and to dimension, ultimately, the system able to provide the required performance in terms of frequency of damage and of exploited service availability. Conclusions that are drawn can be useful for the revision of the international standard IEC 62305 series.
- Record ID
- 2017 IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and 2017 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I&CPS Europe), vol. 1, 2017, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, ISBN 978-1-5386-3917-7
- DOI:10.1109/EEEIC.2017.7977651 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 14-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Publication indicators
- = 3; = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.