On 5G Support of Cross-Border UAV Operations
- Lechosław Tomaszewski,
- Robert Kołakowski,
- Pawel Korzec
The paper is devoted to 5G System (5GS) architecture enhancements enabling cross-border Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) operations. The proposed architecture provides integration of 5GS with UAV Traffic Management (UTM) system, incorporates both Home Routed (HR) and Local Breakout (LBO) roaming scenarios and describes specific UAV service enablers. The requirements relevant to ensuring safe and secure cross-border UAV operations have been identified and the implementation of two typical roaming scenarios within the outlined architecture along with corresponding procedures and interactions between the entities have been presented. Further research, development and standardization directions have been also outlined.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops), IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops, 2020, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, ISBN 978-1-7281-7440-2. DOI:10.1109/ICCWorkshops49005.2020 Opening in a new tab
- DOI:10.1109/ICCWorkshops49005.2020.9145262 Opening in a new tab
- https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9145262 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 14-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.