Diffractive elements with extended depth of focus
- Michał Makowski,
- Grzegorz Mikuła,
- Maciej Sypek,
- Andrzej Kołodziejczyk,
- Czesław Prokopowicz
The paper describes the optical properties of the selected diffractive elements being promising for imaging with extended depth of focus. According to the results of our previous investigations, diffractive versions of the axicon and the light sword optical element were chosen for an analysis. Particularly we have examined the point spread functions of the above elements. The investigated optical properties of the selected diffractive structures were compared with the analogous properties of the conventional Fresnel lens. The results of the numerical simulations were verified experimentally in the optical set-up.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Romaniuk Ryszard S. Ryszard S. Romaniuk (eds.): Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments II, Proceedings of SPIE: The International Society for Optical Engineering, vol. 5484, 2004, SPIE Press, 465 p.
- DOI:10.1117/12.568903 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 7; = 7; = 9.0; : 2004 = 0.517
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.