Perspectives of biomimetics in materials science and engineering
- Katarzyna Konopka
Nature has always inspired human being to create new materials, tools, and many other achievements. This area which is known as as biomimetic, bionic or biomimicry offers enormous potential for materials science and engineering science. The examples of biomimetic successes in new engineering solutions are increasingly appearing. A present paper is given of some examples of biomimetic approach in materials science and engineering as well as an outlook for development of biomimetics is discussed.
- Record ID
- Total number of authors
- Journal series
- Inżynieria Materiałowa, ISSN 0208-6247
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science Conference, Advanced Materials and Technologies (AMT) 2013 (AMT2013), Kudowa Zdrój, 2013, 09-06-2013 - 12-06-2013, Polska
- Keywords in English
- biomimetic, bionic, natural templates
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.