Energy-Efficient Workload Allocation in Distributed HPC System
- Piotr Przemyslaw Arabas,
- Ewa Niewiadomska-Szynkiewicz
A vital problem of energy management in a High Performance Computing (HPC) system comprised of remote clusters and data centers is investigated. The paper presents the results of research on energy-efficient management of workload in distributed data centers and computing clusters. The optimisation scheme for allocation of clusters to batches of computing tasks is presented and discussed. The aim is to minimize the energy used by the HPC system, assuming that the required level of quality of services is guaranteed. The results of the performance evaluation of the developed decision system through simulation are presented and discussed.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- The 2019 International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation HPCS 2019, 2020, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 1052 p., ISBN 978-1-7281-4484-9. DOI:10.1109/HPCS48598.2019.9188227 Opening in a new tab
- Keywords in English
- energy aware computation, energy conservation, resources allocation, energy-efficient networks, distributed HPC system.
- DOI:10.1109/HPCS48598.2019.9188240 Opening in a new tab
- https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9188240 Opening in a new tab
- Project (archive)
- Low Energy Consumption NETworks. Project leader: Niewiadomska-Szynkiewicz Ewa, +48 3650, start date 01-10-2010, end date 31-12-2013, 517J/1031/0002, CompletedWEiTI7 Framework Programme (7 FP) [7 Program Ramowy (7 PR)]
- (en) English
- File: 1
- Arabas ENS hpcs2019.pdf
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 70.0, 18-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Publication indicators
- = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.