Solubility of phenylboronic compounds in water
- Andrzej Sporzyński,
- Paweł Leszczyński
Solubility of six phenylboronic compounds in water was investigated using different methods. The results are consistent with each other, although for particular compounds selected methods should be preferred. The solubility of the investigated compounds is low, with the value of ca. 2 g/100 cm3 H2O at 20°C for unsubstituted phenylboronic acid. The unsubstituted benzoxaborole is less soluble than phenylboronic acid. Introduction of OiBu, COOH and CF3 groups into the phenyl ring decreases solubility in comparison with unsubstituted phenylboronic acid, especially for the alkoxy substituent.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Mediterranean Journal of Chemistry, ISSN 2028-3997
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in English
- Solubility, solid-liquid equilibrium, boronic, phenylboronic acid, benzoxaborole.
- DOI:10.13171/mjc65/01711030630-sporzynski Opening in a new tab
- http://www.medjchem.com/index.php/medjchem/article/view/632/607 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- File: 1
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 7.0, 25-05-2021, ArticleFromJournal
- Publication indicators
- = 4
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.