Analysis of threshold generation in DFB laser based on hypercrystal
- Bartosz Janaszek,
- Paweł Szczepański
Hereby, we present analysis of threshold generation in DFB laser based on isotropic medium with optical gain and hyperbolic metamaterial (HMM) forming together a periodic structure, namely photonic hypercrystal. We investigate possibility of controlling threshold modal spectrum enabled by exploiting dispersion of the HMM structure. For this purpose, we developed an original approach for threshold generation analysis based on modified transfer matrix method. We demonstrate that, changing the dispersion type of HMM medium, may lead to a number of interesting effects, such as generation of single-mode, controllable side-mode suppression or ultra-low generation threshold.
- Record ID
- Article number
- Kuzmiak Vladimír, Vladimír Kuzmiak Markos Peter, Peter Markos Szoplik Tomasz Tomasz Szoplik (eds.): Proceedings of SPIE, SPIE International Congress on Optics and Optoelectronics: Metamaterials XIII 2021, vol. 11769, 2021, SPIE - The International Society for Optics and Photonics, 130 p., ISBN 9781510643727. DOI:10.1117/12.2598951 Opening in a new tab
- DOI:10.1117/12.2591850 Opening in a new tab
- https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-proceedings-of-spie/11769/2591850/Analysis-of-threshold-generation-in-DFB-laser-based-on-hypercrystal/10.1117/12.2591850.short Opening in a new tab
- eng (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 0.0, 14-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.