Heuristic Potential of Antoni Kępiński’s Information Metabolism Model and Data Smog
- Michał Stelmach
In this paper I present the explanatory potential of Antoni Kępiński’s model of information metabolism in the question of data smog (data glut, information overload). Kępiński’s model is not well known and the bibliography concerning the model of information metabolism is still rather poor. In the article I present the model as a good heuristics for explaining information exchange between the system and the environment. The particular aim of my deliberations is to use the model of information metabolism to discuss the pathological, although common phenomenon of data smog. This allows for a holistic view of the problem and allows for new statements on data smog, ethical consequences and counteracting the negative consequences of information overload.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Studies in Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric, ISSN 0860-150X
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in English
- Antoni Kępiński, information metabolism, information, data smog, data glut, information overload.
- ASJC Classification
- DOI:10.2478/slgr-2020-0031 Opening in a new tab
- https://doi.org/10.2478/slgr-2020-0031 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 40.0, 24-04-2021, ArticleFromJournal
- Publication indicators
- : 2018 = 0.358
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.