Estimation of Movement Speed in Monitoring Systems based on Sensors of Multiple Types
- Jakub Wagner,
- Paweł Mazurek
- Record ID
- Gehin Claudine, Claudine Gehin Wacogne Bruno, Bruno Wacogne Fred Ana Ana Fred [et al.] (eds.): Proceedings of the 14th International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies, vol. 1, 2021, SciTePress, ISBN 978-989-758-490-9
- Keywords in original language
- Data Fusion; Healthcare; Monitoring; Numerical Differentiation; Regularisation; Total Variation
- Abstract in original language
- The research reported in this paper is related to the differentiation and fusion of measurement data in systems for healthcare-oriented unobtrusive monitoring of elderly persons. Two methods for regularised numerical differentiation – suitable for different shapes of trajectories of the monitored person’s movement – are considered. A technique for the fusion of data from sensors of different types – which involves weighting those data according to the available a priori information about the variances of errors corrupting those data – is presented. Guidelines on the usage and optimisation of that technique are provided according to the results of numerical experimentation based on synthetic data.
- DOI:10.5220/0010249300690079 Opening in a new tab
- eng (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 5.0, 12-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.