Targetin tumor: delivery of doxorubicin encapsulated in dextran nanoparticles
- Magdalena Michalak,
- Iga Wasiak
A method of applying medicin in a tumor therapy is crucial in a treatment. The objective for well functioning method is to limit the toxic effect in the body. It can be achieved by delivering the active substances only to the tumoral cells, therefore not damaging health tissue. A chance to get this result is to use nanoparticles that encapsulate the medicin inside a polymer shell enabling it to maintain in a body without the intervention of the immune system. Our research was to create nanoparticles that will reduce toxicity of the medicin and will increase absorption in the tumoral cells. Dextran, as a natural sugar, doesn't cause harm to the body. Particles that are not affected by the immune system are able to circulate longer in a bloodstream and due to Wartburg effect theirs' potential to penetrate transformed cells is higher. Doxorubicin contained in our nanoparticles also applies in tumor therapy, eg. breast solid tumor and soft tissue myoma. This combination allows us to expect efficient functioning of our system. So far the results of our research implies that our assumptions were met, additional giving a perspective for a modification and an improvement of our method.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- European Young Engineers Conference 19-20 kwietnia 2013, 2013, ul. Waryńskiego 1, Warszawa 00-645, Politechnika Warszawska, Wydział Inżynierii Chemicznej i Procesowej Politechniki Warszawskiej, 100 p.
- Keywords in Polish
- doxorubicyna, nanocząstki, stan stały
- Keywords in English
- doxorubicyn, nanoparticles, solid state
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.