Evaluation criteria applied in bridge infrastructure maintenance in Poland and selected countries of the world
- Karol Bucholc,
- Wojciech Trochymiak
The article provides a presentation and comparison of various criteria applied in BMS systems for the purpose of assessing the technical condition of bridges. The criteria and the methods which are used have been analyzed also from the point of view of their usefulness for the purpose of bridge infrastructure management. Experience for Poland has been analyzed and confronted with relevant examples of the criteria used in other countries. Basic and advanced methods of evaluation are addressed. Evaluation methods, which are useful for the purpose of parameterization of the results of bridge facilities assessment, have been selected for further research. Parameterization is understood in this case as drawing up, by the decision-making teams or computer program algorithms, of “rankings” for the needs of on-going and planned maintenance of bridge facilities. Attention has been drawn to the possibility of use of new technologies, e.g. BIM, AR, Big Data or IoT in the broadly defined bridge operation and maintenance systems.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Bień Jan, Jan Bień Biliszczuk Jan, Jan Biliszczuk Hawryszków Paweł Paweł Hawryszków [et al.] (eds.): IABSE Symposium Wrocław 2020 : Synergy of Culture and Civil Engineering – History and Challenges, 2020, Zürich, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE), 1218 p., ISBN 978-3-85748-169-7
- Keywords in English
- Evaluation Criteria, Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM), Bridge Management System (BMS)
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 5.0, 08-04-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.