Computer model of ground under vehicle’s wheels
- Tomasz Mirosław
In this paper author presents new approach to modeling ground behavior under pressure of a vehicle’s wheel. The ground under the wheel is deformed by compression and displacement in vertical and horizontal direction. Some layer direct under tire is abraded, torn and transported by the wheel. The pressure of the tire causes deformation which grows with increasing of rolling resistance. The model of ground behavior, especially for multi-axle off road vehicle, is very important for traction calculation. This model is nonlinear. The running process of ground transformation depends on forces, acceleration and time and frequencies repeating stresses. In the presented model the ground is divided into cubes/cells which are deformed and transform their density and features. Deformed cubic effects its neighbors and cause their deformation and forces inside them. The pressed cube in first stage is displaced, if it’s movement is blocked cube is deformed and if it is still pressed it is transformed to another form of its substance changing its physical properties and features. The presented model can also be applied to crushing stones and calculating swimming resistance in the water.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Awrejcewicz Jan, Jan Awrejcewicz Kazimierczak M., M. Kazimierczak Jerzy Mrozowski Mrozowski Jerzy [et al.]: Mathematical and Numerical Aspects of Dynamical System Analysis, vol. 1, 2017, Politechnika Łódzka, , 628 p., ISBN 978-83-935312-6-4
- Keywords in English
- traction modeling, ground, tire, computer simulations
- https://www.dys-ta.com/abs_view?pkey=agxzfmR5cy10YS1ocmRyEgsSBVBhcGVyGICAgKCL4L8KDA Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 09-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.