Diagnostics of the ratchet mechanism using the acoustic analysis
- Bartosz Połok,
- Piotr Bilski
The paper presents the measurement system for the diagnostics of the ratchet mechanisms based on the acoustic signal analysis. Such mechanisms are common in such devices, as drive elements in bicycles, safe locks or socket wrenches. Their exploitation may lead to wearing out teeth in gears, which is significant in the sport bicycles. To ensure safety of their user, the mechanism's state has to be evaluated. Based on the symptoms extracted from the audio recordings the Artificial Intelligence-based classifier can be used to detect and locate faults related with the pawl degradation. Experiments were performed to verify the system's efficiency during the analysis of the selected gears in the sport (BMX-type) bicycle. They included determining the ability to operate in the noisy conditions and identifying faults by the decision tree, both in the standalone and boosted version. The system's accuracy above 90% proves its applicability to analyze the real-world objects.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Viharos Zsolt Janos, Zsolt Janos Viharos Ciani Lorenzo, Lorenzo Ciani Bilski Piotr Piotr Bilski [et al.] (eds.): 17th IMEKO TC 10 and EUROLAB Virtual Conference: “Global Trends in Testing, Diagnostics & Inspection for 2030” , 2020, International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO), ISBN 9789299008461
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 5.0, 31-05-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.