Railway global system for mobile communication, safety of the possible enhanced services
- Marek Pawlik
The railway mobile communication system is used for voice communication, for transmission of electronic movement authorities and as a medium for automatic emergency calls. It could be used for many enhanced services like exchanging maintenance data, controlling passenger information systems, trains’ and loads’ tracking, establishing radio-lines. There is also a temptation to use it as a medium for providing internet and collecting video streams from security cameras. Article analyses how enhanced services will influence safety of the basic services and as a consequence whether and under which conditions they can be utilized.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Cepin Marko, Marko Cepin Radim Briš Briš Radim (eds.): Safety and Reliability - Theory and Applications, 2017, Leiden, The Netherlands, CRC Press / Balkema, 3627 p., ISBN 9781351809733
- DOI:10.1201/9781315210469-192 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 01-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Publication indicators
- = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.