Attempts to diminish uncertainty in quality evaluation of compressed video by human audience
- Anna Ostaszewska-Liżewska,
- Sabina Żebrowska-Łucyk
The paper concerns one of subjective continuous quality evaluation method (SSCQE) [1, 2], which is used for measuring the human perception of compression errors in video. The problem with subjective quality assessment is a big measurement uncertainty that makes drawing conclusions on quality of compared materials with required significance level difficult. The paper presents a new method of measurement data processing, which enables for decreasing the unwanted influence of human factors and diminishing the standard deviation of the measurement results by a half. The Mandel’s h and k statistics are used, likewise in interlaboratory comparisons programs.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- IMEKO XIX World Congress. Fundamental and Applied Metrology, 2009, ISBN 978-963-88410-0-1
- Keywords in English
- SSCQE, Mandel’s statistics, data filtration in subjective measurements
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.