Reticulated Roof Structures Optimisation Based of Triangular and Quadrilateral Planar Panels
- Anna Stefańska
The search for the form optimization of reticulated roof structures is a significant aspect in Architectural Engineering and Construction section. It consists of reflecting the intended aesthetic effect as well as an attempt to choose the most suitable technical solutions. Therefore the divisions of reticulated structures should be determined to pursuit of structural, material and technique of fabrication advancement. In contemporary construction practice, understanding how curved shapes describe the form becomes an significant design aspect. Structural divisions of free-formed canopies should be solved in architectural and structural design simultaneously at an early stage of designing. The choice of proper designing method becomes a complicated process, requiring the ability to selecting type of production and rationalize technical solutions mainly due to the computer aided design supported by algorithmic tools. The paper research analyzes curvilinear structures of canopies in search of optimal structures of geometrical divisions. Case study is based on reticulated roof structures with triangular and quadrilateral panelization. In recent twenty years, the most common and accessible solutions for free-form canopies are triangular divisions due to the ability to use flat glass panels. Panelized Quadrilateral surfaces, facilitate the fabrication process in many aspects, surpassing triangular panels. Their main disadvantage was the design of quadrilateral flat panel mesh. The finding of the study conclude assets and flows of both methods of shaping the geometry of reticulated roof structures based on material and technology of fabrication aspects. The study conclude that the crucial designing method is to determine the manufacturing technology in the early stage of architectural optimization.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Hajdu Miklós, Miklós Hajdu Skibniewski Mirosław Jan Mirosław Jan Skibniewski (eds.): Creative Construction e-Conference 2020 Proceedings, 2020, Budapeszt, Diamond Congress Ltd, 591 p., ISBN 978-615-5270-62-8
- Keywords in English
- creative designing, generative designing, grid canopies, structural optimization, topology optimization
- DOI:10.3311/CCC2020-014 Opening in a new tab
- https://e-2020.creative-construction-conference.com/img/2020_proceedings.pdf Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 5.0, 23-04-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.