On O-RAN, MEC, SON and Network Slicing integration
- Sławomir Kukliński,
- Lechosław Tomaszewski,
- Robert Kołakowski
A concept of O-RAN with MEC, SON and Network Slicing integration is presented. The O-RAN platform is proposed as a common denominator for the integration of the mentioned technologies via proper modifications and extensions of its present architecture. Due to the proposed integration, several redundant components can be eliminated and some synergies can be achieved. We have described the key features of the integrated technologies and also pointed out the benefits of their integration. We have outlined the O-RAN-centric way in which the solutions are integrated as well. As the work on 5G Network Slicing with MEC integration is still progressing in 3GPP and the O-RAN Alliance, this paper can be seen as indication of future works. According to our best knowledge, the presented approach is the first one that aims to integrate the mentioned technologies.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2020, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, ISBN 978-1-7281-7307-8. DOI:10.1109/GCWkshps50303.2020 Opening in a new tab
- DOI:10.1109/GCWkshps50303.2020.9367527 Opening in a new tab
- https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9367527 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 10-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.