Stochastic modeling of coaxial-connector repeatability errors
- Arkadiusz Cezary Lewandowski,
- Dylan Williams
We propose a new description of connector repeatability errors for coaxial one-port devices. Our approach is based on a stochastic model constructed as a lumped-element equivalent circuit with randomly varying frequency-independent parameters. We represent statistical properties of these parameters with a covariance matrix which is estimated from a small number of repeated measurements (typically 16) of a one-port device under test. We illustrate our approach by modeling connector repeatability errors for 1.85 mm coaxial offset shorts. These results show that our model is capable of reproducing the complicated frequency-dependent behavior of connector repeatability errors for coaxial one-port devices with typically only two or three random parameters.
- Record ID
- 74nd ARFTG Microwave Measurement Symposium, 2009
- DOI:10.1109/ARFTG74.2009.5439104 Opening in a new tab
- http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=5439104 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 7
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.