Optimal design of wooden pavilion gridshell structures in the context of architectural and structural collaboration
- Ewelina Gawell
In the article two interacting aspects of collaborativedesign are described: shaping of the form and the rational use ofmaterials. Form shaping will be analyzed on the basis of pavilions.The material aspect of this paper is concerned with the use of woodin contemporary construction. The first goal is to analyze the selectedtechnicalparametersrelatedtotheuseofwoodintheoptimalshapingofgridshell structures in architecture. The second goal is to identify newopportunities for architectural and structural engineering cooperation inthe context of generative digital tools. The possibility of creating newplugins for the existing generative modeling programs to improve thequality of collaboration will also be discussed. The paper is concernedwithelementaryresearch. Iwasabletoachievethesetgoalsbymeansoftheoreticalanalyzesbasedontheknownliteratureaswellastheanalysisof the created objects and the accompanying research. The backgroundfor the work is a description of the selected trends of using naturalwood as load-bearing elements in contemporary architecture and casestudies of the selected objects that express the idea of form and materialeco-efficiency.
- Record ID
- Globa Anastasia, Anastasia Globa van Ameijde Jeroen, Jeroen van Ameijde Fingrut Adam Adam Fingrut [et al.] (eds.): PROJECTIONS: Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA 2021) Volume 1, 2021, Hong-Kong, The Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia , 802 p., ISBN 978-988-78917-5-8
- Keywords in English
- wooden structures, structural detail, bionic models
- http://papers.cumincad.org/data/works/att/caadria2021_285.pdf Opening in a new tab
- eng (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 70.0, 05-05-2022, ChapterFromConference
- Publication indicators
- = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.