The concept of the distributed diagnostic system for structural health monitoring of critical elements of infrastructure objects
- Jędrzej Mączak
In civil engineering structural health monitoring, various methods of technical state assessment are used on the basis of comparative dynamic, tensometric, magnetic and optic-fibre measurements. All these measurement methods allow for stress assessment in critical fragments of structures which are vital for the structures’ stability and durability. The evolution of defects in construction causes measurable changes in dynamic properties along with changes in stress distribution in critical construction joints. Additionally, materials which could threaten a catastrophe caused by fatigue wear, exceeding stress limits or the emergence of plastic deformations, have magnetic properties which could affect the local magnetic field. The latter seems to be a very promising way of assessing global stress in ferromagnetic materials. In this paper, the concept of a distributed diagnostic system capable of monitoring the technical state of critical elements of large infrastructure objects like bridges, steel trusses, supermarket buildings and exhibition halls will be discussed. Adaptation of such systems is vital for on-line assessment of the technical state of infrastructure objects and could limit the possibility of catastrophic disasters resulting in the loss of human life.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Amadi-Echendu Joe E. , Joe E. Amadi-Echendu Willett Roger , Roger Willett Brown Kerry Kerry Brown [et al.]: Asset Condition, Information Systems and Decision Models, 2013, Springer London, 247 p.
- Keywords in Polish
- Systemy monitoringu, monitorowanie stanu konstrukcji
- Keywords in English
- monitoring systems, structural health monitoring
- http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-1-4471-2924-0_6 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- = 0.0, 05-09-2019, MonographChapterAuthor
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.