Meson and baryon femtoscopy in heavy-ion collisions at ALICE
- Maciej Szymański
We present results of femtoscopic analysis with KS0KS0, K±K±,pp,p-p-,pp- and ΛΛ- in Pb-Pb collisions at sNN=2.76 TeV and KS0KS0 in pp collisions at s=7 TeV registered by ALICE at the LHC. The femtoscopic radius is extracted from the one-dimensional correlation functions. The analysis reveals that the emission source sizes of pions, kaons and protons measured in heavy-ion collisions exhibit approximate transverse mass scaling which is consistent with hydrodynamic collectivity prediction. Furthermore, baryon-antibaryon correlations are investigated to study the influence of Final State Interactions (annihilation). It may contribute to lower multiplicities of protons observed at LHC energies, with respect to predictions from thermal models. © 2013 CERN.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Nuclear Physics A, ISSN 0375-9474
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- DOI:10.1016/j.nuclphysa.2013.02.045 Opening in a new tab
- http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-84877711966&partnerID=40&md5=671622b4973a8ca95e2f46d9f5fca55d Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- : 2013 (2 years)= 2.499 - 2013 (5 years)=1.774
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.