Evaluation of quality of flexographic print with UV inks on PLA film
- Joanna Izdebska,
- Mateusz Nesterowicz
The article is an attempt to answer the question, what is the quality of copies printed on the PLA film with use of different UV inks. PLA film and two samples of UV, black inks were used to as the object of investigation. The studies comprised the inks and film tests, and preparation of copies and their research. The most important measured properties were: adhesive of ink film to the substrate, resistance to abrasion and scratching, optical density of full tone, values of colour coordinates L*, a*, b* and gloss. It has been found that UV inks enable to obtain on PLA film copies of good quality. The ink composition determines the quality of printing on PLA film, but available on the market inks dedicated to plastic materials after the properly selection allow to get the satisfactory quality of prints.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Izdebska Joanna, Joanna Izdebska Nesterowicz Mateusz Mateusz Nesterowicz (eds.): Advances in Printing and Media Technology. Proceedings of the 40th International Research Conference of iarigai, vol. XL, 2013, ISBN 978-3-9812704-4-0
- Keywords in English
- flexographic printing; UV inks; PLA films
- (en) English
- Not used for evaluation
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.