Control System Design Based on Modern Embedded Systems
- Ahmed Khamis,
- Dawid Zydek,
- Grzegorz Borowik,
- Subbaram Naidu
The functionality and complexity of real-world engineering control systems is increasing significantly due to continuous growth in requirements and their details. Since this trend is predicted to grow even stronger, the old control solutions will be becoming less and less efficient. There are several approaches to designing modern control systems that meet the current and future needs. In this paper, we focus on one of the promising ways to control engineering: Embedded Systems. We describe categories of embedded systems and an engineering approach to control systems design based on the embedded systems. All related challenges are presented considering weaknesses of traditional systems. For the described embedded control system, a design methodology is given as well. Our discussion focuses on approach based on Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) as a solution with huge potential. Finally, we share our thoughts on further trends in modern embedded control systems.
- Record ID
- Moreno-Diaz Roberto, Roberto Moreno-Diaz Pichler Franz, Franz Pichler Quesada-Arencibia Alexis Alexis Quesada-Arencibia (eds.): Computer Aided Systems Theory - EUROCAST 2013. 14th International Conference, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, February 10-15, 2013. Revised Selected Papers, Part II, Lecture Notes In Computer Science, vol. 8112, 2013, Hiszpania, Springer International Publishing, 540 p., ISBN 978-3-642-53862-9. DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-53862-9 Opening in a new tab
- Keywords in English
- embedded systems, embedded control design, real-time control.
- DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-53862-9_62 Opening in a new tab
- http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-53862-9_62 Opening in a new tab
- Project (archive)
- The Develpment of Digital Communicatios. Project leader: Lubacz Józef, +48 22 234 65 31, start date 04-05-2012, planned end date 31-03-2013, end date 31-12-2013, IT/2012/statut, CompletedWEiTIDziałalność statutowa
- (en) English
- File: 1
- Control System Design Based on Modern Embedded Systems.pdf
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Publication indicators
- = 7
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.