Vortex Meter Designing: Simulation or Laboratory Investigations?
- Grzegorz Pankanin
Considerations concerned the problem pointed out in the title of the article are presented. Results of laboratory investigations of the vortex shedding phenomenon, with application of various research methods are described. During the tests the specific discoveries of the phenomenon properties were made. In the article the problems and threats related to the numerical simulation of von Karman vortex street phenomenon are discussed. Conditions of successful numerical simulation are specified.
- Record ID
- Romaniuk Ryszard Ryszard Romaniuk (eds.): Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments 2013, vol. 8903, 2013, SPIE P.O. Box 10, Bellingham, Washington 98227-0010 USA , SPIE, 410 p., ISBN 9780819497857. DOI:10.1117/12.2049644 Opening in a new tab
- Keywords in English
- von Karman vortex street, numerical modeling, Navier-Stokes equations, flow visualization
- DOI:10.1117/12.2035964 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Publication indicators
- = 0; = 0
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.