Development of Optical Sciences in Poland
- Ryszard Romaniuk
Research and technical communities for optics, photonics and optoelectronics is grouped in this country in several organizations and institutions. These are: Photonics Society of Poland (PSP), Polish Committee of Optoelectronics of SEP, Photonics Section of KEiT PAN, Laser Club at WAT, and Optics Section of PTF. Each of these communities keeps slightly different specificity. PSP publishes a quarterly journal Photonics Letters of Poland, stimulates international cooperation, and organizes conferences during Industrial Fairs on Innovativeness. PKOpto SEP organizes didactic diploma competitions in optoelectronics. KEiT PAN takes patronage over national conferences in laser technology, optical fiber technology and communications, and photonics applications. SO-PTF has recently taken a decision to organize a cyclic event “Polish Optical Conference”. The third edition of this conference PKO’2013 was held in Sandomierz on 30.06-04.07.2013. The conference scientific and technical topics include: quantum and nonlinear optics, photon physics, optic and technology of lasers and other sources of coherent radiation, optoelectronics, optical integrated circuits, optical fibers, medical optics, instrumental optics, optical spectroscopy, optical metrology, new optical materials, applications of optics, teaching in optics. This paper reviews chosen works presented during the III Polish Optical Conference (PKO’2013), representing the research efforts at different national institutions.
- Record ID
- Romaniuk Ryszard Ryszard Romaniuk (eds.): Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments 2013, vol. 8903, 2013, SPIE P.O. Box 10, Bellingham, Washington 98227-0010 USA , SPIE, 410 p., ISBN 9780819497857. DOI:10.1117/12.2049644 Opening in a new tab
- Keywords in English
- optics, photonics, optoelectronics, optical sciences, teaching optics, Quantum and nonlinear optics, Physics, optics and laser technology, other sources of coherent radiation, Optoelectronics, Optical integrated circuits, Medical optics, Instrumental optics, Optical spectroscopy, Optical metrology, New optical materials, Optics applications, Teaching optics
- DOI:10.1117/12.2035434 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Publication indicators
- = 0; = 0; = 2
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.