Degeneration of Fraunhofer diffraction on bacterial colonies due to their light focusing properties examined in the digital holographic microscope system
- Igor Buzalewicz,
- Kamil Liżewski,
- Małgorzata Kujawińska,
- Halina Podbielska
The degeneration of Fraunhofer diffraction conditions in the optical system with converging spherical wave illumination for bacteriaspecies identification based on diffraction patterns is analyzed by digital holographic methods. The obtained results have shown that the colonies of analyzed bacteria species act as biological lenses with the time-dependent light focusing properties, which are characterized and monitored by means of phase retrieval from sequentially captured digital holograms. This significantly affects the location of Fraunhofer patterns observation plane,which is continuously shifted across optical axis in time.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Optics Express, ISSN 1094-4087
- Issue year
- Keywords in Polish
- Cyfrowa mikroskopia holograficzna, super- rozdzielczość, pomiar kształtu mikro-obiektów
- Keywords in English
- Medical optics and biotechnology; Optical diagnostics for medicine; Digital holography; Diffraction; Optical inspection.
- ASJC Classification
- DOI:10.1364/OE.21.026493 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Publication indicators
- = 8; = 8; = 7; : 2013 = 2.196; : 2013 = 3.525 (2) - 2013=3.533 (5)
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.