Alpha-ISIS - Web- and Cloud-Oriented Information Storage and Retrieval Environment
- Grzegorz J. Blinowski,
- Henryk Rybiński,
- Tomasz Ramsza,
- Tomasz Kustra
In this paper we present α-ISIS – a ground-up reimplementation of the micro-CDS-ISSI database system. The CDS-ISIS database is a popular software system, used for generalized information storage and retrieval. It has been maintained by UNESCO since 1985. It was designed mainly for bibliographical applications. At the time of its implementation its notable features were advanced text searching capabilities, complex thesauri, and multi-linguality. The objective of our work was to open the system to new technologies (including novel storage databases, UNICODE standard, XML data representation), and make α-ISIS suitable for large databases. Most notable changes were done in the backend: it was redesigned to use a full-text Lucene open source system , as the indexing/search core, SQL (SQLite, PostgreSQL), and noSQL (MongoDB) backends can be used for information storage. A set of new features has been added on the functional level, mainly – remote document indexing, multi-database search, dynamic meta-indexes, web services support and cloud support via MongoDB.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Borzemski Leszek, Leszek Borzemski Grzech Adam, Adam Grzech Świątek Jerzy Jerzy Świątek [et al.] (eds.): Information Systems Architecture and Technology. Intelligent Information Systems, Knowledge Discovery, Big Data and High Performance Computing, 2013, Wrocław, Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocławskiej, 206 p., ISBN 978-83-7493-800-6
- Project (archive)
- Development of new methods and algorithms in the following areas: computer graphics, artificial intelligence, and information systems, and distributed systems . Project leader: Rybiński Henryk, +48 22 234 77 31, start date 29-05-2012, planned end date 31-12-2012, end date 30-11-2013, II/2012/DS/1, CompletedWEiTIDziałalność statutowa
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- = 5.0, 25-04-2021, MonographChapterAuthor
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.