A Sketchy Critique of Innovation by Advocati Dei and Diaboli. Part I: Innovation - in Search of the Bottom Line
- Bruno Jacobfeuerborn,
- Mieczysław Muraszkiewicz
Innovation enjoys a support and praise of a number of advocati Dei, i.e. those agents who are ready to make cases in favour of innovativeness and innovation as essential methodologies and factors of progress and growth in business, technology and social matters. It is rare however to came across advocati diaboli or just an advocatus diaboli who are/is ready to harass and pester the concept and practice of innovation, in particular by addressing the issues of costs and undesired side effects. In this paper we shall assume both roles the advocatus Dei and advocatus diaboli, with a special interest in the latter, meaning on the critique of innovativeness and innovation. The purpose of this exercise is not aimed at undermining the significance of innovation or cut through the hype of innovation; it is rather to better understand it and develop awareness that innovation, as many other progressive and advantageous things, might have also dark sides.
- Record ID
- Jacobfeuerborn Bruno Bruno Jacobfeuerborn (eds.): Innovating Innovation: Essays on the intersection of information science and innovation, 2013, Warsaw, Poland, MOST Foundation, University of Warsaw, 187 p., ISBN 978-83-925759-8-6
- Keywords in English
- innovation, innovativeness, critique, Luddite fallacy
- Project (archive)
- Development of new methods and algorithms in the following areas: computer graphics, artificial intelligence, and information systems, and distributed systems . Project leader: Rybiński Henryk, +48 22 234 77 31, start date 29-05-2012, planned end date 31-12-2012, end date 30-11-2013, II/2012/DS/1, CompletedWEiTIDziałalność statutowa
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- = 5.0, 25-04-2021, MonographChapterAuthor
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.