Solvent Effect on Donor-Acceptor Complexes of 2,4-Dinitrophenol: A Reappraisal
- Elżbieta Szerewicz
Abstract Literature data concerning solvent effect on interaction of 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP) with different proton acceptors have been recalculated and illustrated. The K equilibrium constant calculated for the proposed interaction mechanism relate to K of single equilibrium for the interaction type where K is the equilibrium constant for the reaction of the opening intramolecular hydrogen bond in DNP. Hypothesis of existence of the equilibria between hydrogen bond and proton transfer in intermolecular systems with DNP has been confirmed in many solvents. Equilibrium may occur for donor-acceptor complexes with DNP in various solvents, when ionisation potential of proton donor is ∼ 8.8 eV.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Spectroscopy Letters, ISSN 0038-7010
- Issue year
- DOI:10.1080/00387019608007052 Opening in a new tab
- http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00387019608007052 Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- : 2006 (2 years) = 0.772 - 2007 (5 years) =0.725; = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.