Migration of Unit Tests of C# Programs
- Anna Derezińska,
- Sofia Krutko
Maintenance of a project with unit tests could require moving from one test platform to another. It can be established by an automated test re-generation or by transformation of the test code. The latter is recommended in case of a high quality test set. Preservation of the intrinsic knowledge introduced by the test developers could also be of high importance. NUnit and MSTest of Visual Studio are among the most popular unit test frameworks for C# programs. The ability of test transformation from NUnit to MSTest has been investigated. Transformation rules were implemented in a prototype tool integrated with Visual Studio, but only a subset of possible constructions have their straightforward equivalents. Experiments confirmed the potential benefits of the approach, but also limitations of the target tests.
- Record ID
- Zamojski Wojciech, Wojciech Zamojski Mazurkiewicz Jacek, Jacek Mazurkiewicz Sugier Jarosław Jarosław Sugier [et al.] (eds.): Theory and Engineering of Dependable Computer Systems and Networks, 2021, Cham, Springer International Publishing, 512 p., ISBN 9783030767723. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-76773-0 Opening in a new tab
- DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-76773-0_6 Opening in a new tab
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-76773-0_6 Opening in a new tab
- eng (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 40.0, 04-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.