An effective CFO estimation method for OFDM transmission
- Magdalena Purchla-Malanowska
This paper addresses the problem of carrier frequency offset estimation in OFDM systems. Perfect time synchronization and burst transmission are assumed. A preamble consisting of a series of identical blocks is available for the frequency offset estimation. The proposed estimator is based on the correlation of two blocks, which is a commonly used approach. In contrast to existing papers, the author shows here how to adjust the correlation parameters in order to exploit the periodic structure of the preamble and to obtain best estimation results. The degree of accuracy of the estimates obtained using the proposed method is compared with the CramÃÂ©r-Rao lower bound.
- Record ID
- Romaniuk Ryszard, Ryszard Romaniuk Kulpa Krzysztof Krzysztof Kulpa (eds.): Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments 2009, vol. 7502, 2009, SPIE, Bellingham, SPIE, 786 p., ISBN 9780819478139. DOI:10.1117/12.843290 Opening in a new tab
- DOI:10.1117/12.837908 Opening in a new tab
- http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.837908 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.