Healthcare Project Management Model Approach
- Tadeusz A. Grzeszczyk,
- Marek Zawada
The aim of this chapter is to present the outline of a model approach for project management in the healthcare sector on the example of clinical trial projects. Special attention was given to non-commercial projects. The authors try to fill the identified gap concerning model approaches and methodologies for managing complex and unique projects in the field of healthcare (particularly R&D projects). The subject of the research is the problem of improving clinical trial project management in the healthcare sector. The undertaken studies include the following objects: research units (including medical schools), pharmaceutical companies, and contract research organizations operating in Poland in the field of R&D. Data used in the research were collected in the form of the results of focused interviews with project managers or persons responsible for their implementation (experts, management staff, researchers), using a questionnaire survey that was prepared for the analysis of applied methods, methodologies, and project management tools for healthcare project management. The results of the presented study are identification of key elements of the model approach to managing healthcare projects, creation of a basis for deepening scientific inquiries regarding the issues of improving the efficiency of their management, formulation of a proposition of clinical trial project management model, and building of foundations for the development of research on critical success factors of healthcare projects.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Bilgin Mehmet Huseyin, Mehmet Huseyin Bilgin Danis Hakan, Hakan Danis Demir Ender Ender Demir (eds.): Eurasian Business Perspectives, Eurasian Studies in Business and Economics, vol. 14/2, 2020, Cham, Springer, Springer International Publishing, ISBN 978-3-030-52293-3. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-52294-0 Opening in a new tab
- Keywords in English
- Project management; Healthcare projects; Clinical trial projects; R&D Model approach for project management
- DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-52294-0_11 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 29-04-2021, MonographChapterAuthor
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.