Analysis of the Influence of the Drive Force Distribution between Axles on an Automobile Stability in its Curvilinear Motion
- Andrzej Reński
In the case of vehicles with four-wheel drive, it is important how the driving torque is distributed between wheels of the front and rear axles. The target of the work was to develop the method of control of driving forces distribution in order to increase the vehicle directional stability, particularly in critical states of its motion. The paper presents the results of calculations conducted according to ISO standard 4138 “Steady-state circular driving behavior”. Results of calculation showed that in particular riding conditions distribution of drive forces can have signiﬁcant inﬂuence on a stability characteristics of the vehicle, namely its characteristics can be changed from understeer to oversteer or vice-versa. This effect can be practically utilized in a control of vehicle directional stability.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Chiru Anghel, Anghel Chiru Ispas Nicolae Nicolae Ispas (eds.): CONAT 2016 International Congress of Automotive and Transport Engineering, 2017, Switzerland, Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-45447-4
- Keywords in English
- Automobile directional stability; Driving forces distribution; Tire slip characteristics; Understeer; Oversteer
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 09-06-2021, ChapterFromConference
- Publication indicators
- = 1
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.