Development of free electron laser and accelerator technology in Poland (CARE and EuCARD projects)
- Ryszard Romaniuk
The development of accelerator technology in Poland is strictly combined with the cooperation with specialist accelerator centers of global character, where the relevant knowledge is generated, allowing to build big and modern machines. These are relatively costly undertakings of interdisciplinary character. Most of them are financed from the local resources. Only the biggest machines are financed commonly by many nations like: LHC in CERN, ILC in Fermi Lab, E-XFEL in DESY. A similar financing solution has to be implemented in Poland, where a scientific and political campaign is underway on behalf of building two big machines, a Polish Synchrotron in KrakÃÂ³w and a Polish FEL in Swierk. Around these two projects, there are realized a dozen or so smaller ones.
- Record ID
- Romaniuk Ryszard, Ryszard Romaniuk Kulpa Krzysztof Krzysztof Kulpa (eds.): Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments 2009, vol. 7502, 2009, SPIE, Bellingham, SPIE, 786 p., ISBN 9780819478139. DOI:10.1117/12.843290 Opening in a new tab
- DOI:10.1117/12.837758 Opening in a new tab
- http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.837758 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 26; = 25
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.