Thermal comfort of surgeons in the operating theatre
- Anna Bogdan
Thermal comfort felt by a surgeon depends on the intensity of the work performed, parameters of environment and clothing thermal insulation. In the case of surgeons, the elements which can be modified are parameters of thermal environment in the operating theatre and clothing thermal insulation. The aim of the project was to assess the microclimate in the operating theatre and evaluate thermal insulation of the surgeon's clothing. It was found that the tested ensembles of medical clothing have too high thermal insulation with respect to the value required to maintain thermal comfort. Medical clothing worn under the surgical gown has the highest thermal insulation. It was determined that conditions during the operations were not suitable to maintain the thermal comfort of the patient nor of the surgeon.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Article number
- Healthy Buildings. International Conference and Exhibition, 2009, International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate, 2090 p., ISBN 9781622769971
- Keywords in English
- Operating theatre, Surgeons, Thermal comfort
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.