Problems Connected with Application of Neural Networks in Automatic Face Recognition
- Rafal Komanski,
- Bohdan Macukow
One of possible solutions in creating an automatic system of face recognition is application of auto-associative neural networks for remembering and recognise two-dimensional face images. Experiments with applying the Hopfield network and twolayer perceptron confirmed the possibility of remembering and reproducing face images, even if partially covered or disturbed. Limited technical possibilities enable using only low definition images. It is due to the fact that computations take a long time, and the number of remembered faces is relatively small. Proper working of the network is influenced in a significant way by light and facial expressions.
- Record ID
- Rutkowski Leszek, Leszek Rutkowski Siekmann Jörg H., Jörg H. Siekmann Tadeusiewicz Ryszard Ryszard Tadeusiewicz [et al.] (eds.): Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing - ICAISC 2004, Lecture Notes In Computer Science, no. 3070, 2004, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-540-22123-4, 978-3-540-24844-6
- Keywords in English
- Algorithm Analysis and Problem Complexity, Artificial Intelligence (incl. Robotics), Computation by Abstract Devices, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages
- http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-540-24844-6_113 Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.