Temporal Difference Approach to Playing Give-Away Checkers
- Jacek Mańdziuk,
- Daniel Osman
In this paper we examine the application of temporal difference methods in learning a linear state value function approximation in a game of give-away checkers. Empirical results show that the TD(λ) algorithm can be successfully used to improve playing policy quality in this domain. Training games with strong and random opponents were considered. Results show that learning only on negative game outcomes improved performance of the learning player against strong opponents.
- Record ID
- Rutkowski Leszek, Leszek Rutkowski Siekmann Jörg H., Jörg H. Siekmann Tadeusiewicz Ryszard Ryszard Tadeusiewicz [et al.] (eds.): Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing - ICAISC 2004, Lecture Notes In Computer Science, no. 3070, 2004, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-540-22123-4, 978-3-540-24844-6
- Keywords in English
- Algorithm Analysis and Problem Complexity, Artificial Intelligence (incl. Robotics), Computation by Abstract Devices, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages
- http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-540-24844-6_141 Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 0; = 12.0
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.