Stewart platform based parallel manipulator destined for the kinematic's justification of two cooperated robots
- Krzysztof Mianowski,
- Marek Wojtyra
The paper presents a virtual prototype of a new design of parallel manipulator of Stewart Platform type destined for the measuring applications. The concept of the 6 DOF manipulator is described. The model of mechanical part of the robot is built in UNIGRAPHICS system and ADAMS trade; environment. Preliminary results of simulations and initial investigations concerned with measuring applications, and conclusions are presented. Main advantages of this solution are simplicity, compactness and lightness of the construction. The POLMAN design provides a systematic approach to the development of modular parallel robotic systems which can be configured into a wide variety of different forms for different applications.
- Record ID
- Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Robot Motion and Control, 2004. RoMoCo'04, 2004
- Keywords in English
- 6 DOF manipulator, control engineering computing, control system synthesis, cooperated robots, cooperative systems, manipulator kinematics, modular parallel robotic systems, parallel manipulator, POLMAN design, robot kinematics, Stewart platform, UNIGRAPHICS system, virtual prototype
- DOI:10.1109/ROMOCO.2004.240907 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 2; = 3.0; = 2
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.