Transition to hexagonal pattern under the variation of intrinsic length scales of a reaction diffusion system
- Julian Sienkiewicz,
- A. Bhattacharyay
The intrinsic length scales of a reaction diffusion system (Gierer-Meinhardt model) is varied by quasi-statically changing the diffusion constant of the activator and a transition from rolls to hexagon is detected. The transition is hysteretic or first order like. From stability analysis, we also analytically show the possibility of such transitions.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, ISSN 1434-6028, 1434-6036
- Issue year
- DOI:10.1140/epjb/e2004-00240-8 Opening in a new tab
- http://link.springer.com/article/10.1140/epjb/e2004-00240-8 Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Publication indicators
- = 0; = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.