Optimization of Atrioventricular Delay of Pacemaker by Impedance Cardiography and Plethyzmography
- Kazimierz Pęczalski,
- Dariusz Wojciechowski,
- Piotr Sionek,
- Zbigniew Dunajski,
- Tadeusz Pałko
In the presented study SV values taken by plethyzmographic device were related to the results given by impedance cardiography device. The 20 patients; 4 females and 16 males (age 74 +/- 7 years) with a history of predominant pacemaker driven rhythm were included in the study group. The stroke volume was assessed for atrioventricular delay settings in a range from 100 to 250 msec. with a step of 10 msec. The basic rhythm for all evaluated patients was 70 bpm. The AV was assumed to be optimal at the maximum value of SV. The obtained results have shown that the plethyzmographic method can be applied for the AV delay optimization. The differences of SV between an optimized and the recommended by the companies settings showed a strong need of tailoring of AV for each patient separately especially in the group of the patients with a predominant pacemaker driven rhythm.
- Record ID
- Dössel Olaf, Olaf Dössel Schlegel Wolfgang C. Wolfgang C. Schlegel (eds.): World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, September 7 - 12, 2009, Munich, Germany, IFMBE Proceedings, no. 25/7, 2009, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-642-03884-6, 978-3-642-03885-3
- Keywords in English
- Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics and Biological Physics, cardiac pacing, Impedance cardiography, plethyzmography
- http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-03885-3_89 Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.