A New 2D Local Vibrational Model for Unidirectional Clamped—Clamped Sandwich Structure with Edge Stiffeners
- Stanisław Karczmarzyk
Flexural vibration of a clamped—clamped, three-layer, one-span sandwich, unidirectional structure composed of isotropic layers is considered in the article. A new single series model of the 2D problem, obtained within the local theory of linear elastodynamics, is presented. Very realistic boundary conditions at edges of the structure, which correspond to the engineering solution with the edge stiffeners, are introduced and satisfied. Eight eigenfrequencies of the structure for two sets of input data are calculated, according to the new model, and compared with numerical and experimental results existing in the literature. A detail comparative analysis of the results is done and some conclusions are presented.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Journal of Sandwich Structures & Materials, ISSN 1099-6362
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in English
- 2D local model, edge stiffeners, eigenfrequencies, flexural vibration, linear elastodynamics, sandwich beam, single series expansion.
- ASJC Classification
- ; ;
- DOI:10.1177/1099636209104529 Opening in a new tab
- http://jsm.sagepub.com/content/11/6/519 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Publication indicators
- = 1; = 1; : 2009 = 1.013; : 2009 (2 years)= 0.591 - 2009 (5 years)=0.912
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.