EDS X-Ray Investigation of Interdiffusion in Au–Ni Micro- and Nanolayers
- Anna Rakowska,
- Robert Filipek,
- Krzysztof Sikorski,
- Marek Danielewski,
- Renata Bachorczyk
The interdiffusion process in thin and thick (500 nm–60 µm) Au–Ni layers deposited on different substrates is studied using the EDS technique. In-depth X-ray analysis based on the Pouchou and Pichoir method is applied for obtaining the concentration profiles in nanometre scale multi-layers. A theoretical analysis using the Darken method is employed for modelling interdiffusion in the Au–Ni system. Computer simulations, where intrinsic diffusivities of the Au and Ni are functions of composition, are presented and compared with experimental results.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Microchimica Acta, ISSN 0026-3672, 1436-5073
- Issue year
- Keywords in English
- Key words: EDS microanalysis; XTFML correction program; Darken method; interdiffusion; Au–Ni micro- and nanolayers.
- DOI:10.1007/s00604-003-0150-x Opening in a new tab
- http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00604-003-0150-x Opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 4
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.