Hyper-Threading Technology Speeds Clusters
- Kazimierz Waćkowski,
- Gepner Paweł
The paper describes a new approach to the use of the Hyper-Threading Technology for improving cluster performance. The Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled in 90\% of all sold server’s CPUs today and in the most cases it improves the overall application performance. The obvious question would be: Does Hyper-Threading Technology improves cluster performance and if so, how it works? In order to get the fully optimized Hyper-Threading Technology enabled cluster it is necessary to focus on 3 elements which can take advantage of Hyper-Threading Technology and moreover they all need to be tuned for this aim. These elements are: operating system, compiler and application.
- Record ID
- Wyrzykowski Roman, Roman Wyrzykowski Dongarra Jack , Jack Dongarra Paprzycki Marcin Marcin Paprzycki [et al.] (eds.): Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics, Lecture Notes In Computer Science, no. 3019, 2004, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-540-21946-0, 978-3-540-24669-5
- Keywords in English
- Algorithm Analysis and Problem Complexity, Computational Mathematics and Numerical Analysis, Computer Communication Networks, Mathematics of Computing, Memory Structures, Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-540-24669-5_3 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 1; = 5
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.