New Classes of Quaternary Linearly Independent Arithmetic Transforms
- Cicilia C. Lozano,
- Bohdan J. Falkowski,
- Tadeusz Łuba
New quaternary linearly independent arithmetic (QLIA) transforms are presented in this paper. The new transforms are recursive and they are classified into two classes according to their recursive equations. Fast flow graphs and relations for the transforms are presented. Computational cost for the calculation of the QLIA spectral coefficient vector is also derived. Experimental results in terms of the minimum number of nonzero spectral coefficients based on the QLIA transforms for a set of quaternary test functions are also given and compared with the corresponding numbers for quaternary fixed polarity arithmetic (QFPA) transforms. The comparison shows that for the set of quaternary test functions the average number of minimum number of nonzero spectral coefficients based on the introduced QLIA transforms is 39.28% and 16.29% smaller than that for the polarity zero and optimal polarity QFPA transforms, respectively.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Napieralski Andrzej Andrzej Napieralski (eds.): Proceedings of the 16th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems MIXDES 2009, 2009, Technical University of Lodz, 716 p., ISBN 978-83-928756-0-4
- Keywords in English
- linearly independent arithmetic expansions, Arithmetic transforms, quaternary functions, spectral representations
- http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5289464/ Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- File: 1
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.