Density based clustering algorithm for vehicular ad-hoc networks
- Sławomir Kukliński,
- Grzegorz Wolny
In this paper we present a new multilevel clustering algorithm for Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks (VANET), which we call the Density Based Clustering (DBC). Our solution is focused on the formation of stable, long living clusters. Cluster formation is based on a complex clustering metric which takes into account the density of the connection graph, the link quality and the road traffic conditions. The tests performed in the simulation environment composed of VanetMobiSim and Java in Simulation Time (JiST)/SWANS have shown that DBC performs better than the popular approach (the Lowest Id algorithm) – the clusters stability has been significantly increased.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- International Journal of Internet Protocol Technology
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in English
- clustering algorithms; clustering protocol; VANET; density based clustering; stability; ad-hoc networks; reliable communication; road traffic; vehicular networks; simulation; vehicle communications.
- DOI:10.1504/IJIPT.2009.028654 Opening in a new tab
- http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1620670 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 32; = 22; = 39
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.