Optical active fiber parameters identification
- Michał Borecki,
- Jerzy Kruszewski
Erbium doped fiber is a basic element of an optical amplifier. The estimation of fiber parameters set is the main problem of designing its application. The knowledge of fiber core radius, the overlap factors representing the fraction of pump power and signal within the doped region, doping concentration and fiber glass type are necessary for this task. The problem is significant, because fiber producers do not print full data or the printed data do not agree with facts. The presented solution is their identification with typical printed and measured data using in mathematical model of quantum and wave optics. The elaborated method was tried on 3M active fiber samples, effects show that its correctness is about 15%.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Proceedings of SPIE: Lightguides and their Applications II, vol. 5576, 2004, Bellingham, USA
- DOI:10.1117/12.581629 Opening in a new tab
- https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-proceedings-of-spie/5576/0000/Optical-active-fiber-parameters-identification/10.1117/12.581629.short Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 0; = 3; = 0
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.