Nonlinear operation of 1D Photonic crystal laser
- Agnieszka Mossakowska-Wyszyńska,
- T Nazaruk,
- Paweł Szczepański
We present semi analytical, approximate model of non-linear operation of ID photonic crystal laser, In our theoretical model, we take into account the gain saturation effect, spatial hole burning effect, transverse and longitudinal field distribution. Our model, based on energy theory, allows to investigate in relatively easy way the influence of the real structure parameters such as photonic crystal geometry, losses as well as value of reflection coefficient of laser mirror on the small signal gain coefficient. With the help of this model, we obtained the laser characteristics, which reveal an optimal feedback strength for F-P cavity laser structure. This optimal strength provides maximal power efficiency for given pumping level.
- Record ID
- Corporate author
- Institute of Microelectronics and Optoelectronisc (IMiO)
- Huyet Guillaume, Guillaume Huyet Moloney Jerome Jerome Moloney (eds.): Proceedings of the Conference on Emerging Technologies in Optical Sciences (ETOS 2004), 2004, Kane Building Cork Ireland, University College Cork, 116 p.
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 1; = 4
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.